The Pokémon Peninsula
gallery@ryux
Animeopolis
Digimon Intensity Project
RyuX Network Forums
 
mouseover heading to expand splash screen
news & updates
about us
contact us
site staff
FAQs
affiliate with us
link to us
link exchange
official links
awards we've won
our awards
support PW
future projects
newsletters
legal stuff
abbreviations used
Site Map
Digidex
FAQs
The Digidestined
Enemies
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digital Technology
Digivolution
Digimon Legends
Names & Origins
Episode Name Origins
Cody's Digi-Dictionary
Takuya's Quoty-ness
Out of Context
Digital Theories
Weird Stuff
Overview
Gallery
Download Sources
Scans
Episode Guide
Digidestined
Digimon
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digivice iC
Digisoul
Music
Voice Actors - Japanese
Old S5/6 Rumours
Articles
Latest Digi-News
Coming Up / releases
English Movies
Digimon: The Movie
Revenge of Diaboromon
Battle of Adventurers
Runaway Locomon
Island of Lost Digimon
Japanese Movies
Digimon Adventure
Our War Games
Golden Digi-Eggs
Diablomon Strikes Back
The Adventurers' Battle
Runaway Digi-Express
Ancient Digi-Revival
X-Evolution
Online Games
Online Battle Game
Digimon Hangman
Digimon Love Calculator
Story Writer
Zodiac Sign Calculator
PlayStation/2
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Battle Cards
Rumble Arena
Grand Prix
Digimon World Data Squad
Lyrics (English)
Lyrics (Japanese)
Lyrics (German)
CD Listings (English)
CD Listings (Japanese)
CD Listings (German)
Music Downloads
MIDIs
A Pokémon Copycat?
Pokémon-Digimon War
The Real-Life Digi-Future
99.9 Percent
4 for 4: Best Goggle Boy
4 - 4: Best Finale Villain
4 for 4: Best Loner
4 for 4: Best Season
TAP: Savers 01
TAP: Savers 02
TAP: Savers 03
Darky: Savers 01
Submit Article/article idx
Takeru's Fanfics
Sora's Fan Art Gallery
Yolei's Classifieds
Kari's Photo Album
Tommy's Digimon Icons
Animated GIFs
Music Downloads
MIDIs
Video Clips
Browsers & Programs
Screensavers
Wallpapers
What's Digimon?
What are Digimon?
The Digimon Story
Digimon Characters
How To Bluff it with Style
Wordsearches
Colour In Digimon
Make a Digivice
Make a D3
Make a D-Power
Make a D-Tector
Make a Digi-pencil tin
Dress up Digitally
Cosplay Guide
Masters of Oblivion - Chapter 4

Masters of Oblivion 

IV

Lock Down

        The day before around twelve.

‘What’s going on?’

‘To tell you the truth sir, we have no idea.’

General Haji had just walked into the control room were there were several men and women sitting in a circle facing walls of screens and buttons in semi-darkness trying to figure out why the alarm had gone off.

General Haji had just been sleeping after not doing so for a few days so he was still in a state of fatigue. He was buttoning up his uniform decorated jacket and trying to flatten his hair with his hand.

‘Run a systems check on all components of Olympus and Aries.’ He commanded and those sitting at the computers obeyed immediately. ‘Send a engineering crew accompanied by soldiers to Olympus and another battalion to the Womb.’

One of the men looked up at the general.

‘Better not take any chances.’ The general said. ‘Start a typical lockdown and run the drill.’

They did as they were told banging away on their keyboards with their eyes not leaving the screens.

‘I’ll be at Olympus.’ Haji said and turned to leave by the same door he came in.

He took an elevator and waited for some time until the doors opened again and he stepped into another corridor where red lights were flashing. Two soldiers with guns stood there waiting for him as well as another general.

‘Heard you were taking a stroll to Olympus, mind if I join you.’ General Akari said.

‘Anytime general, a walk in the park.’

They started down the corridor in a manner fit for their rank with people running past them here and there.

‘This has happened before.’ Haji assured the other general.

‘I hear from the boys upstairs that it has never been such an extensive alert before. The whole Aries program is flashing red and contact can’t be made with Olympus, do you think that this might be an outside attack?’

Haji knew that question was coming and he had tried to avoid it because that’s what they were always concerned about.

‘That’s impossible general, no one can penetrate the Aries system or Trojan itself.’

‘Yes, you have told me that before and I believe you. That brings me to my next speculation, maybe the enemy is inside our defences already.’

This question irritated Haji even more than the one before, why speculate about these things when they have done everything humanly possible to prevent them? If there was someone inside the base making problems, and there most probably wasn’t, then it was beyond their fault.

‘Let’s see if this isn’t just another glitch before we jump to conclusions okay general Akari?’ Haji asked.

‘Okay then.’

They came to the doors of Olympus and found them tightly shut. Akari took out his red card and swiped it through the machine but the doors did not open and the small machine beside it displayed an error. Akari tried again to the same result.

‘What does this mean?’ Akari asked standing back as Haji stepped forward.

Haji didn’t answer, it was another annoying question he didn’t care much for. Akari was the sort of general that had made it to the top of the ladder simply by being smart and questioning everything. Haji, on the other hand, had served the marines corpse in America and from there he had built a reputation and climbed the ladder.

Haji opened the machine and there he pressed a few buttons on a little control pad. The machine buzzed and then the doors swung open.

 

Back in the control area one of the men was looking at a display before him without his fingers moving on the keyboard they hovered over. He was frowning not sure what to make of what was before him.

‘Look at this.’ He said rolling his chair to woman’s consol and pressing a few buttons. The display on her screen changed to be identical to the other one. It was a 3D blueprint of the entire base with all its restricted and secret areas included. There were nine red lights moving along different corridors and places all coming from a single very large hall.

‘What are they?’ The woman asked.

‘I don’t know, the motion sensors are identifying them all as miscellaneous.’ The man replied.

‘They’re coming from the Womb.’ The woman pointed out.

‘Yeah, I saw. That’s an area to be evacuated in a normal drill so maybe those are just people and the motion sensors are just whacked like everything else in this place.’

‘Better call the general anyway, one’s heading his way.’ The woman picked up the phone by her computer but turned towards her fellow when she heard the line was dead and soundless.

 

Inside the hall of Olympus the engineers and soldiers there were glad to see the generals.

‘Thank God you came along sir,’ one man was saying, ‘the doors closed behind us and we couldn’t get them open again.’

‘Situation?’ Akari asked one of the men sitting by a counsel working frantically.

‘All I can say so far, sir, is that something is blocking our communication with Olympus and my computer says it’s the Aries program but I don’t see how that’s possible.’

At these words Haji looked up at the great mountain of machinery in the middle of the room. It was really a proper name for the machine because there was no other machine as big as this one. It was a funnel shape narrowing to a peak at the top and from it at many points many different sized cables and bridges ran into the walls around. At the moment they were half way up the mountain where a platform was built around it and one could look down to the base where more men were scurrying around. The red flashing lights gave it a dark ominous look.

‘Have we lost control of the Aries program?’ Akari demanded of the man behind the computer.

He didn’t answer.

‘Answer me damnit!’

‘I don’t know sir, I just don’t know!’

‘What would it mean Haji,’ Akari said turning to him, ‘what would it mean if we lost control of the mind of this entire operation.’

Akari always wanted to know from Haji what things meant, Haji had grown tired of it long ago.

‘I’m sure you can figure out that it means we’re screwed!’ Haji shouted back. He turned to one of the soldiers. ‘Find out what the status of the battalion I sent to the Womb is!’

‘I can’t sir,’ the soldier said with a phone in his hand, ‘the base’s lines are all dead!’

‘You have a radio don’t you? Then bloody use it!’

‘Yes sir!’

‘Try to find a back way into Olympus.’ He said to the man by the computer.

‘Found one.’ The man said jumping up and grabbing a screw driver, he then went running towards the great machine with a laptop and started to unscrew a metal pad.

‘Sir,’ the soldier said, ‘I couldn’t hear a lot but it sounds like the Womb is in chaos.’

‘Great!’

‘Incoming!’ Another guy at a computer cried. ‘Got a red dot on the motion sensors on our west side!’

‘What?’ Both generals demanded at the same time.

There was suddenly a loud crash and all the lights failed at the same time. Sparks started to fly and made a flashing light like lightning. From one wall a mass of wires and machinery had broken through and it crashed into the bulk of Olympus. Between the wires and thick cables glimpses of a bright golden glow could be seen.

The man who had plugging his laptop into Olympus was thrown aside and he grabbed the railing just in time. He now hung dangling two floors in the air.

The mass of snapping and burning wires rampaged past Olympus and in the flashing darkness came streaming down on them all. The soldier’s fired but their bullets only seemed to feed the destruction. Throwing bodies this way and that the monster roared and charged.

Haji was hit through the face by a cable and went stumbling back. He fell against a computer but had to jump aside as a massive fist of sparks came plummeting down. As he fell onto the ground he saw the hanging engineer trying to pull himself up.

The general jumped up and ran as the wires snapped around him. He jumped and slid and grabbed the man’s hand just as he lost grip. Then, looking up for a disturbing noise, he saw a crackling sparking wire come falling down towards them from Olympus. The wire hit the railing right next to him and it shocked his side burning him.

The engineer cried with fright as he fell a little further.

The wire went still and dangled down to the feet of the mountain.

‘Grab it!’ Haji cried.

The engineer looked at the wire and turned back to Haji shacking his head. Haji commanded him to take the wire or he would die. With a burst of courage the man grabbed hold of the wire and let go of Haji’s hand, it sounds much easier than it was. Haji then jumped over the railing himself and grabbed hold of the cable, together the two went climbing down.

Before they reached the ground they heard a breaking sound above and each looked up to see the mass of glowing wires plummeting past them. As the wires and cables snapped away or fell off, more and more of the beast inside could be seen and the golden glow came through.

‘Keep going.’ Haji told the engineer. ‘It hasn’t see us.’

Bellow the soldiers were firing and men were screaming but little could be seen in the darkness. It was like being inside a room held tornado without wind.

When they reached the ground it had gone more silent. They ran for the door but when Haji tried to put in the code again the door now refused it and would not open.

The monster came around the foot of the mountain still looking for prey. The engineer was frozen with fear but Haji grabbed a machinegun laying on the ground and shot the grid floor they were standing on apart. The engineer cried as they went falling out of sight.

 

In another part of the base in a large garage area a thick blast door shook into motion and slowly came down to lock down that area. A man came walking quickly and nervously towards it looking behind him constantly. Before exiting under through the slowly closing door he looked behind him once more and felt at his pocket and the devices he carried inside it.

He went out with no person seeing, but something else did. In the darkness a small creature snigger and scurrying out it slipped also under through the door just before it closed.

The man only noticed that he was being followed much later.

 

Back at Saturday still in the morning we find Abby knocking at the door of an apartment and waiting. She knocked again rapidly but still the loud music inside the apartment continued.

‘I do not get a good feeling from this place.’ Elfmon said.

‘I don’t like him either but we need to figure out what these things are.’ She held up her green Digivice.

Finally, after some more knocking, the door opened to reveal a guy with long gelled up spiky hair and several piercings in his face.

‘Abby!’ He said with a sort of idiot surprise.

‘Hey Aka, let me in will you.’

‘Sure.’ He opened the door for her and Elfmon also walked in past him. He looked closely at the blue woman as she passed, looked at the cigarette that he held in his hand and wondered what they had put in it.

The room they stepped into had almost no space for air. It was full of computer parts and wires and several screens mounted around each other on a messy table. There were a few computer boxes under the table and some stood open with parts of them unscrewed. The smoke was stifling and the poor room was even devoid of light except for narrow beams filtering through blinds.

Elfmon immediately pulled up the blinds and opened every window in the room and there she stayed, where she could get fresh air.

‘Help yourself.’ Aka said walking back to his seat in front of his computers.

‘Aka, this is my friend Elfmon.’

‘Hello Elfy.’ Aka said.

‘Hello.’ Elfmon said turning away from him.

Abby knew he wouldn’t make a big fuss about the unusual woman because he was at his young age already too wasted to realise there was something wrong. But when it came to computers and programming he was still the brightest around.

‘We need you to help us figure out what this is.’ Abby said giving the Digivice to Aka.

Aka took it and looked it over. He flipped open a small hole in one side and attached it to his computer with a cable. He then started pressing buttons on three different keyboards so rapidly it almost seemed super natural. After one or two minutes of doing things Abby couldn’t understand and Elfmon refused to care about he looked up.

‘So?’ Abby asked.

‘I have no idea what so ever.’

‘Thanks.’ Abby said sarcastically.

‘But I can tell you it is the most high-tech little gadget I’ve ever seen in my life. I bet I have nothing in my room more expensive. It’s probably government made, they’re the only ones who have the money and secret technology. I tell you what, give me a few hours with this baby and I can tell you exactly what it’s for.’

‘Oh no,’ Abby said, ‘if I leave you alone with this you’ll go sell it to some bum. I’ll stay here while you work, and try anything and Elfmon here will have to peg a arrow into your chest.’

‘It would be may pleasure.’ Elfmon said totally serious.

‘Alright.’ Aka said and immediately went back to work and smoking.

After a while when he had lit another cigarette Abby grabbed it and killed it in his ashtray. Without hesitation he took out another one, she grabbed this too including the packet and threw them out of the window with a smirk from Elfmon. She gave up when he leaned down, and from a low shelf took another packet where it lay amongst many others.

She went to stand with Elfmon next to an open window where it wasn’t so chocking.

‘Hmm,’ Aka said, ‘bio-mechanical, interesting.’

Abby didn’t bother, instead she found much better conversation in her companion Elfmon.

Her thoughts soon drifted towards what had happened earlier the morning. She and Elfmon had gone to investigate the weird happenings at the military base, it had been a good excuse for her to get away from home. When they had arrived there they had found Luke and Aviemon in need.

Afterwards she had heard about the fight between Coolmon and Felamon and realised that lying bellow the radar is a lesson all of them should learn quickly and they would have to use now. The military were obviously after the Digmon because they had been holding them in the base for some reason. The cops would probably not believe the tall tales from the battle in the suburban area but there were many people who saw it happen. She wondered how they would go about in public without being noticed, before she had just not thought of it as a priority.

She now thought of when they were already in the train and going further and further from the soldiers.

‘Thanks.’ Luke had said.

‘That’s okay,’ she said, ‘if we had come earlier it would have been you rescuing us.’

‘I would think you’d rather be with Pat than anywhere else.’ He had probably not meant to say it but it had come out anyway.

The words had been attacking and Abby grew angry.

‘My whole life doesn’t turn around Pat… or you!’ She had gone to sit down where a few people stood up and inched away from her.

Elfmon looked at them slowly and out of the window at the passing word as everyone else in the carriage stared at her.

Luke had turned away from her without a word.

 

‘Here’s something you might find interesting,’ Aka said disturbing her thoughts, ‘this thing can upgrade.’

‘Yes we know that,’ Abby said, ‘it’s been flashing it to us since we found it.’

‘Yeah, but it doesn’t upgrade itself, it upgrades her.’ Without looking up from his screen he pointed at Elfmon who stood surprised.

‘What do you mean?’ Abby asked on Elfmon’s behalf.

‘I mean that this gadget was made to be like a remote control for these Digimon things. I can create some programming for you quite easily that will make her better.’

‘I don’t understand.’ Abby said.

‘I don’t either, all I know is that this thing, if the right programming is put in, can make her change into something stronger and faster. I wish I had found these things.’

‘Things!’ Elfmon said. ‘You are a disturbed man.’ Aka didn’t respond and Elfmon turned away from him immediately.

‘So, then put it in.’ Abby said.

Elfmon didn’t move.

‘It’s going to take me a few hours, I was wondering if I could get the others.’ Aka asked for the first time looking up.

‘How did you know there are others?’ Abby asked suspiciously.

‘It says so in here.’ He taped the Digivice. ‘Four others to be exact, I was wondering if I could have a look at them too.’

‘Sure.’ Abby said taking her mobile phone out of her pocket.

 

Haji stood in the control room looking even worse than he had when he got out of bed almost a day before. He still had his uniform on now but it was torn at places and he was sweating and his hair stuck to his head in thin strands. It was quite hot in the room and all the men at their controls looked tired and overworked.

‘Source found!’ One of them said suddenly jumping up in triumph.

It was the first good news they had had for a long time, the news that they had discovered something, but this new information itself was not so welcome.

‘Good.’ General Haji said walking up to the counsel. ‘What do you have.’

‘It’s a virus sir, a super virus to be exact. It’s one massive program almost as extensive as some of the parts in the Aries program.’ The man pressed a few buttons and displayed Olympus in 3D. He pressed a few more buttons and certain places started flashing red. ‘These are all the places that have been infected and its spreading, these infected first are all the parts connected to the internet.’

‘But how is that possible, Olympus is impenetrable from the web because of the Arcon defences.’ Haji said.

‘Sir,’ a woman said from another consul, ‘it was probably an inside job made to look like a hacker from the outside.’

Haji nodded to the woman

‘Tell me more.’ He said to the man next to him.

‘The virus isn’t destroying anything, its taking over the system bit by bit from different places. It’s already progressed so far as to have six percent of the system in its grasp.’

‘What do you mean?’ Haji asked. ‘Is this an intelligent program?’

‘From what I can tell it looks a lot like our Aries system sir. Yes, it is intelligent and can improvise.’

‘It’s worse than anything I imagined.’ Haji said to himself slowly. ‘What do you suppose?’

‘Use the Arcons.’ The woman who had spoke before said quickly. ‘Their our best form of defence and its just a simple matter of changing their location and then diverting the infection towards them.’ 

Haji turned to the other man and he nodded.

‘Let it be so.’ Haji said walking back to his standing place but stopped next to the woman. ‘How are you doing Jill?’

‘I’m fine,’ she said, ‘I just hope Patrick is alright.’

‘He has my boy to watch his back and I know he will watch Luke’s back also, just keep your mind on the situation.’

They worked quickly and in only a few minutes they had succeeded to direct the infection all to one spot where they gathered the Arcons to defend the system from there. They then sat waiting to see what would happen as the percent of infected data slowly rose. On the 3D display of  Olympus they saw the red line of infection inch into the place they had placed the Arcons and held their breaths.

‘It’s working!’ The man shouted happily. ‘The first Arcon is stopping it!’

‘No it isn’t.’ Jill said silently and all turned to her. ‘The virus is starting to infect it too as it has all programs, it’s just happening slower with the Arcons because it’s designed to fight back.’

Haji had to gather all his strength to stay standing but his head slacked.

‘What has it already taken over?’ He asked quietly.

‘It went right for the Womb’s programming sir, it’s taking everything over there.’ Came the answer.

‘Have we regained any control over Aries?’

‘No sir, our communication is still being blocked by something.’

‘Isn’t it the virus?’

‘No sir, the virus hasn’t reached Aries yet and there is no way it could be the cause of this disruption, it hasn’t had the chance to distort our communications.’

‘Do we know how many of those monsters have escaped the base?’

‘All that escaped the Womb sir, they have all gone into the city, we believe the number to be nine, but we aren’t sure of anything anymore.’

‘Nine? Why nine? How many are there?’ Haji asked himself silently.

Jill put her hand on his shoulder, he didn’t take it, he had to act strong, but he nodded at her and directed her back to her seat. She was no doubt thinking the same thing he was, those Digimon things were outside in the city with their children. Monsters, roaming around people not even aware of them the base not having the ability to contact the outside world. What was this thing that had locked them in and refused them access to their own works and why was it laying dormant now?

But Haji’s thoughts could not linger on that fact. He now had to face the fact that multiple sabotage had taken place inside his base and because of the lockdown that they couldn’t override the terrorist were probably still inside. What had these idiots released on the world, did they have any idea? Did they know what would happen if they lost control of Aries, the most dangerous force every created?

 

The monster that had attacked the two generals inside Trojan was now outside in the city as was all the monsters that had been in the Trojan base. But it was in a different part of town than any of the children were and was walking around disguised, disguised from humans that is.

The Digimon walked past the buildings taking the back routs until he was stopped by a snigger. He stopped and slowly his head moved up to look at a little crocodile like Digimon sitting on a lamppost smiling down at him, Venomon.

‘What do you want, death, pain?’ The large Digimon said rapped in an old long blanket that hid almost everything of him but every now and then a glimpse of golden light would be revealed.

‘Well, I’ve been following you.’ Venomon sniggered.

‘I don’t care, now tell me if you want to die?’

‘Of course not.’ Venomon said getting serious. ‘You have no sense of humour.’

‘What do you want?’ The Digimon asked in a voice that was so kind it was scary.

‘I’m not the forgive-and-forget sort of Digimon.’ Venomom said. ‘I want some revenge on a few others of our little digi group and a few humans, they rather embarrassed me.’

The other Digimon was silent for a small while.

‘You don’t know what you’re speaking about puny being. I feel them in my consciousness just as you do whether you know it or not. And somehow I know where to find them, it’s as if I have memories that are not my own. But there is only one thing I wish to do with them, kill them.’

‘I thought you were that type.’ Venomon said smiling again.

‘And after you’ve led me to them I’ll kill you.’

‘We’ll have to see about that one, this way.’

 

Nothing much as far as I know. D:
Chat
Forums
Guestbook
Online Digimon Game
Oekaki Board
Old Oekaki [archive]
Digimon Nursery
Bandai Teleconference Report
Digimania Test
PW Survey
Imp It Up!
TV Guide
Time Out!
Tagboarders
The Anime Express
Tales from a Trailmon
End of the Line
Save the World
Digidollar Network
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Resource Listings
Tutorials
Free Buttons
The Digi-Zone
Apply

Digital Starlight
The Shining Evolution
Digientity
Apply
RyuX Network
Google
Web digivice.net
sign up


sign up




Affiliates
Digidollar Network
TDZ Network
Digimon Community
digital connection ntwrk
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Click Here to Visit!
Click Here to Visit!
JK Top 50
Renamon.nl Topsite
Patamon's World is proudly hentai-free!
get patches
FastCounter