The Pokémon Peninsula
gallery@ryux
Animeopolis
Digimon Intensity Project
RyuX Network Forums
 
mouseover heading to expand splash screen
news & updates
about us
contact us
site staff
FAQs
affiliate with us
link to us
link exchange
official links
awards we've won
our awards
support PW
future projects
newsletters
legal stuff
abbreviations used
Site Map
Digidex
FAQs
The Digidestined
Enemies
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digital Technology
Digivolution
Digimon Legends
Names & Origins
Episode Name Origins
Cody's Digi-Dictionary
Takuya's Quoty-ness
Out of Context
Digital Theories
Weird Stuff
Overview
Gallery
Download Sources
Scans
Episode Guide
Digidestined
Digimon
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digivice iC
Digisoul
Music
Voice Actors - Japanese
Old S5/6 Rumours
Articles
Latest Digi-News
Coming Up / releases
English Movies
Digimon: The Movie
Revenge of Diaboromon
Battle of Adventurers
Runaway Locomon
Island of Lost Digimon
Japanese Movies
Digimon Adventure
Our War Games
Golden Digi-Eggs
Diablomon Strikes Back
The Adventurers' Battle
Runaway Digi-Express
Ancient Digi-Revival
X-Evolution
Online Games
Online Battle Game
Digimon Hangman
Digimon Love Calculator
Story Writer
Zodiac Sign Calculator
PlayStation/2
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Battle Cards
Rumble Arena
Grand Prix
Digimon World Data Squad
Lyrics (English)
Lyrics (Japanese)
Lyrics (German)
CD Listings (English)
CD Listings (Japanese)
CD Listings (German)
Music Downloads
MIDIs
A Pokémon Copycat?
Pokémon-Digimon War
The Real-Life Digi-Future
99.9 Percent
4 for 4: Best Goggle Boy
4 - 4: Best Finale Villain
4 for 4: Best Loner
4 for 4: Best Season
TAP: Savers 01
TAP: Savers 02
TAP: Savers 03
Darky: Savers 01
Submit Article/article idx
Takeru's Fanfics
Sora's Fan Art Gallery
Yolei's Classifieds
Kari's Photo Album
Tommy's Digimon Icons
Animated GIFs
Music Downloads
MIDIs
Video Clips
Browsers & Programs
Screensavers
Wallpapers
What's Digimon?
What are Digimon?
The Digimon Story
Digimon Characters
How To Bluff it with Style
Wordsearches
Colour In Digimon
Make a Digivice
Make a D3
Make a D-Power
Make a D-Tector
Make a Digi-pencil tin
Dress up Digitally
Cosplay Guide
Masters of Oblivion - Chapter 3

Masters of Oblivion 

III

Worlds Collide  

Digidentity

Coolmon: A smooth talking bad mannered digimon with a Spiffy Blast that will keep everyone hating him.

By the time they had left to their respective homes they all had a Digivice with them. Lee had a yellow one, Pat a silver one, Abby a green one and Luke had received the red one and kept the black one for whoever Kai was. Not just that but each person had taken a Digimon with him or her. Luke sat down sighing tiredly marvelling at how quickly they had become companions, almost as if it was meant to be. Now that he thought about it they also seemed to have been destined to find those devices only a few meters from his home. The coincidence were just too big and too many to be cast aside with a thought.

‘Well,’ Aveimon said perching on top of the TV, ‘that was an exciting first evening, I just wish I had got a better shot on that fiend Venomon!’

‘Yeah.’ Luke said taking time to marvel at Aveimon, but he fell asleep.

Aveimon looked at Luke for a while and then yawned, he also felt tired but first he was going to look for something to eat. Not in Luke’s kitchen, too much had been taken from him already, so he flew out of the open window.

When Luke woke up the next morning he had a blanket over him and his first thought was that his dad had pulled it over, but then reality hit. He sat up looking around confused, he wasn’t sure to believe it or not. But he decided to believe it when he found Aveimon sleeping on his back on a table with one wing dangling off one side.

Luke went to the fridge to get something to eat but closed it again as soon as he had opened it remembering something more from last night. He only then realised the implications of Aveimon sleeping on the table so openly. He jerked open the door to the bed room but found both beds on the floor there still neat and not slept in. He sighed, his dad hadn’t come home to sleep before, many times, but not that many times without calling first. He decided he would go down to the military base and see what was going on.

When he came out of his room again after showering and putting on fresh clothes he found Aveimon also awake eating a bun that lay on the table.

‘Good morning, where did you get that?’ He asked.

‘Flew into someone’s chimney and took it out of the cupboard.’ Aveimon said not turning his attention away from the bun.

‘You know that’s stealing.’ Luke informed him.

‘Of course I do, but it was a matter of life and death, anyway they had plenty.’ He said.

‘I’m going to the military base to look for my dad, are you coming?’ Luke asked walking to the door and putting on his shoes.

‘Hmm…’ Aveimon thought, ‘… okay then, but I’m not going inside, they’ll probably recognise this large talking bird as their lost digimon.’

With Aveimon perched on his shoulder rather heavily Luke went down the stairs and started along the street towards the train station that was nearby. When he reached it he went down the stairs that led to the platform and bought a ticket and also a sandwich from the machine there.. He then went to wait by the side of the tracks for the next train to arrive. He didn’t speak to Aveimon because of obvious reasons.

As he waited he noticed a train waiting for its passengers on the other side of platform. The carts were all of a light blue colour and instead of rectangular windows they were sort of arty, all formed differently in abstract flowing forms. The engine was a classic red steam engine with one black pipe where smoke was lightly rising out. Except for the weirdness of the train in general the metal it was made of shone as if new but one could see the train was pretty old.

As he watched the electric doors to the blue carts closed and the train started off its yellow arms pushing its wheels along in the direction of another train that was approaching. The blue train disappeared around a bend with thick black smoke rising into the air and the other much more normal electrical train came to a stop before Luke. Luke stared at the smoke as he got in and Aveimon was doing the same.

Lee awoke in her bed to find Felamon lying on the branch outside her window looking at her. Now in the sunlight her pelt didn’t look like black at all but more like a rainbow of pattern colours, like an expensive silk mat.

‘Good morning.’ Said the cat with a relaxed purr.

‘Hi.’ Lee said smiling sleepily.

‘I was wondering,’ Felamon said, ‘do you have something to eat?’

Lee checked the watch by her bed. ‘My grandparents will probably be awake, but I’ll sneak you some food.’

She threw the blankets off and going into the kitchen she found her grandpa sitting by the table with his face hidden behind the daily paper. Lee sometimes wished it wasn’t daily because then he wouldn’t have an excuse not to look at her every morning, but he would probably find one.

‘Hi grandpa.’ Lee said stopping for a second.

He grunted a hello.

She went to the fridge and after looking around for a second took a holder full of last night’s meat. She stopped again before exiting the room.

‘Where’s grandma?’

‘I don’t know.’ Her grandpa said plainly.

She left and went back to her room.

‘I got you some pork,’ she said entering the room, ‘I hope… grandma!’

She got a fright because instead of Felamon sitting on the tree her grandma was standing by the window with a spade in her hand and a hat on her head.

‘Hello honey, what did you say?’ The old woman asked.

‘What?’ Lee asked not registering at the moment.

‘What did you say, dear?’

‘Oh…’ Lee fished for an answer, ‘… I was speaking to my plant, they say they grow bigger if you talk to them.’ She walked over to her bedside table where a small tree stood in a pot. ‘I brought some pork for him to eat, you have to feed them too you know.’

‘Oh,’ her grandma said puzzled, ‘alright dear.’ She went back to her gardening.

Lee peered out but couldn’t see Felamon anywhere. She was tempted to ask her grandma if she had seen a colourful panther somewhere in the garden but resisted the urge. She quickly got dressed and then went outside into the quiet street with other similar houses along side it.

Maybe she had gone to Pat’s house nearby when her grandma came into the garden, Lee thought to herself. She quickly walked in that direction until she came to an alley way where she was stopped.

‘Hey sweetheart.’

She stopped and looking into the small street to where a man was standing leaning against the wall of a house warring shades. Lee wasn’t fooled for one second, it wasn’t a man standing there but a Digimon. He was wearing a black leather overcoat with no sleeves and had dark gelled up hair standing tall on his head and down his neck. His arms were hairy as was the rest of his body with light gold fur and he had a bushy yellow tail. His pants were also leather and black and there was a chain looping off one side. When he took off his glasses and put them in the front pocket of his jacket she could see his face was a mix between that of a fox and a human’s.

He came walking up to Lee who stood without saying a word.

‘What a totally cool coincidence to find an outrages chick like you in a dull slump like this.’ The Digimon said walking with a rhythm and gesturing with his arms at all he said.

‘What do you want?’ She said sharply eyeing him.

‘Nothing but you sweetheart.’ He said with a shiny teeth smile. ‘I’m Coolmon, and what might your outrages name be?’

He came to stop before her smiling without a care.

‘Lee.’ She said. ‘Have you seen a panther anywhere, about this high, colourful coat, talks, Digimon?’

‘Why would you want any other Digimon than me babe. I’m all everything digital has to offer all rapped up in one. The definition of coolness, just listen to my name, would I tell it to you if it weren’t true?’

‘Yes!’ Lee answered angrily.

‘Hey, cool your heels babe! I’m your friend, I wouldn’t want to hurt you.’ Something in the way he said it made Lee think it wasn’t completely true.

‘Lee.’

Lee turned to see Felamon on top of a wall on the other side of the street looking at them with an untold expression.

‘Oh, a cat.’ Coolmon said the word like venom.

‘Get away from her.’ Felamon said jumping off the wall and came strolling to Lee’s side.

‘Hey babe, I was just chatting with the kid, getting to know her.’ Coolmon said. ‘Go ahead and tell her kid, I was just chatting with you wasn’t I?’

‘No.’

‘Oh, I love it when you’re honest.’ He said with a criminal smile.

‘Better get lost before I make you get lost.’ Felamon said coming to stand between Lee and Coolmon.

‘I’d love to babe, but…’ He put his arms together in a cross before his chest. ‘Spiffy Blast!’

Felamon and Lee were knocked back with Lee having caught her Digimon.

‘Felamon! Are you okay?’ Lee asked fearfully.

‘I’m fine,’ Felamon said getting up, ‘I can’t say the same about this idiot.’

‘Give it to me babe!’ Coolmon said as if whatever it was she was going to give him would be pleasurable.

With a swift run and leap Felamon landed on the wall next to Coolmon.

‘Feline Claws!’

Coolmon was thrown back against some garbage bags.

‘Look at this now! You got my pants dirty! So uncool! You’re going to hurt for that kitty!’ Coolmon cried jumping up.

‘Kitty?’ Felamon asked herself.

‘Spiffy Blast!’

The ball of red hit the wall where Felamon had been. Felamon landed on the street and came sprinting at the fox. She attacked but Coolmon was too fast and dodged the bright white claws just.

Felamon landed, turned and leapt again just in time. The Spiffy Blast hit the ground and left a small crater.

Suddenly Lee threw herself at Coolmon. Coolmon stumbled back a little but caught her in his strong hands by the shoulders.

‘Sorry sweetheart, but you’re going to have to take a hike!’

He threw her to the side and she would have hit the ground head first if Felamon had not jumped in to cushion her fall.

‘Spiffy Blast!’

Felamon just managed to push Lee away with her hind legs and jump away herself as the blast hit.

‘I’d say shooting fish in a barrel wouldn’t be the comparison!’ Coolmon laughed.

Felamon pounced at him and her paws met his chest. They went rolling down the street. A car swerved away to miss them and hitting the trash bags he slammed into the wall breaking that also.

For a moment, after they had both come to a stop, they stared at the crash. Then another car came pass the driver staring at the pare and not noticing the lamp pole in his way.

The second crash gave Coolmon a moment to get away. Felamon turned and saw him leaping over another wall. She ran after him and with one jump landed on the other side. The driver of the first car got out as she jumped with wide eyes.

Lee jumped onto the bonet, roof and then leapt over the crumbled wall.

‘That’s a tiger you stupid girl!’ The driver called after her.

Coolmon leapt through a window into a house scaring a kid in his bed half to death. The Digimon then spun around and threw another Spiffy Blast at Felamon who dodged. The ball hit a tree and it burst into flame.

Coolmon turned around and threw the door to the next room open, but he wasn’t fast enough. Felamon’s Feline Claw hit him on the shoulder causing him to stumble into the hallway.

‘Alright,’ he said checking the blood on his arm, ‘no more mister nice fox.’ He put his glasses on smoothly.

When Felamon came into the hall she was hit dead on by a Spiffy Blast. Through a wooden wall she was thrown and into a kitchen where a mom and dad looked amazed at the scene. Coolmon came leaping through the hole looking bent on death.

‘Feline Claw!’

Into the cupboard he was flung sending a cascade of pots and boxes raining down on him from the broken doors. Felamon swiped her attack at him again but he dodged and the flying claws cut through the cupboards and the wall beyond. She then leapt at him but he fell onto his back and using his feet and arms sent her flying into the living room over him.

He came jumping in after her and landed with purpose on the couch ready to attack again. But to his great surprise Felamon was no where to be seen. There was only so many places she could hide, behind the few pieces of furniture, around the corner to the hallway, maybe she had even backtracked into the kitchen.

Lee climbed through the hole in the wall and came to stand next to the stricken grownups.

‘What did you do with Felamon!’ She cried at Coolmon.

He turned around and smiled at her. He was about to say something cool when Felamon came leaping down from the rafters above. She knocked him off the couch and the TV fell and sparked as they hit it. The easy chair nearby was torn to shreds as they rolled and fought on the ground each trying to get at the other with his or her claws.

‘Feline Claw!’ And the extensive porcelain doll collection set in a glass cupboard came smashing out and the cupboard fell over it all.

‘Spiffy Blast!’ And a great hole was shot in the roof splinters of wood coming raining down.

Lee saw Felamon was on her back and was about to run to her aid when the cat used Coolmon’s own trick against him. Using her legs and arms she sent him flying through the large glass window above her head. He fell on his back between the shards of broken glass cut at many places.

Felamon came flying at him from above. He rolled aside just in time and leapt up with pain. His blast hit Felamon once more and she went tumbling into a few rose bushes. He laughed.

‘Power Punch!’

If Coolmon had been a split second slower the great fist that smashed the wall of the house apart would have hit him. There stood Shieldmon as big as the largest of men with his eyes alight inside his helmet. Behind him Pat was hooting and shouting.

‘Power Punch Power Punch! Power Punch!’

Coolmon jumped this way and that as the great fists broke through trees, brick walls and the house itself. Very quickly the woman in the kitchen had a reason to start crying.

Coolmon landed on all fours after another attack and looked around. Shieldmon was coming for him and to the other side Lee had already helped Felamon up and the cat seemed determined to cut him up in little tiny pieces.

‘Well,’ he said standing up straight, ‘it was fun kids, but Coolmon doesn’t want his style to be cramped by you losers.’

He jumped over the wall and went running leaping from house to house quickly.

‘I’ll get him!’ Shieldmon said.

‘What are you talking about?’ Pat said. ‘You have as much chance of catching a slippery fish, let him go.’

‘Was that suppose to be an insult, because I’ll crush you little man, I really will.’ Shieldmon warned.

‘Who’s going to give you your food then.’ Pat said with his arms spread wide in a gesture of friendship.

‘Hmm, you have a point.’

They were joking of course, some after victory celebration as it was.

‘Are you two okay?’ Pat asked as Lee and Felamon came walking to them, Felamon was limping slightly and Lee had a bruise on her cheek.

‘C’mon, I’ll carry you two back.’ Sheildmon said making to pick them up.

‘I won’t be carried.’ Felamon said proudly.

Shieldmon stood back up straight taken aback.

‘Let her be, big guy,’ Pat said, ‘the cat has to much dignity for that.’

‘Yeah, whatever.’

‘How did you two find us?’ Lee asked them.

‘It wasn’t hard with two guys running around the street shouting that there was a human wolf and a jaguar beating each other up. Then we just followed the trail of smashed cars. I dare say that big guy here couldn’t have done a better job, but he did draw even more attention than you two did.’ Pat explained.

‘Then we better leave by the back roads.’ Felamon said turning around and they followed her.

The owners of the house stood where they had been all along stunned.

Luke and Aviemon came to a point where they could go no further, before them the street was blocked by soldiers standing around and military vehicles parked alongside the buildings. Some of the soldiers were smoking and none of them really seemed very occupied. Those cars that did not yet know that this was a dead end turned around and went back the way they had come and the people stood on the other side of the blockade made by wooden stands with flashing lights on them were few.

Luke walked right up to a group of soldiers who didn’t notice him or didn’t’ care to.

‘Could I go through?’ He asked.

The soldiers turned to him finally.

‘No you can’t, no entry.’ One of them said tapping a signs that said these words.

‘My father is General Haji.’ Luke said.

‘Never heard of him, now go away.’

‘I need to see him.’

‘My orders are not to let anyone not in uniform pass this blockade, you got me kid? Now take your bird and go away!’

‘Just call the base and ask.’ Luke said not raising his voice.

‘Fine.’ The soldier said and looking irritated walking to one of the trucks.

He was a while and Luke and Aviemon could see him standing by the door talking into a radio and at one stage waiting himself.

‘Sorry kid, total lockdown, we can’t let you in.’ The soldier said and went back to talking with his mates.

‘Great.’ Luke said turning away.

‘Of course I’d offer to fly in but, well, they’d probably shoot me.’ Aviemon whispered into his ear.

‘That’s okay.’ Luke said.

He was standing there thinking what to do when he saw a uniformed man with a few colours on his breast and stars on his shoulders. He was looking back at Luke and signalling to some other lower ranked soldiers to quickly come closer. When they got to him he spoke to them obviously quickly and still with his eye on Luke.

‘It might just be my imagination,’ Aviemon said, ‘but are you also seeing what I’m seeing.’

‘I am.’ Luke said. ‘Time to go.’

He started to walk quickly back the way he had come towards the train station. He and Aviemon threw glances back and saw the soldiers now speaking to those at the blockade. They all turned to look at Luke and then grabbed their guns. Some of them went down other streets but the majority came running up towards Luke.

‘Crackers!’ Aviemon said still playing parrot.

Luke started running into the much busier street and managed to get over the four lanes of moving cars. This gave him a little head start as the soldiers struggled to get the cars to stop for them. He ran along the sidewalk having to push people aside as he went. Even those he didn’t push gave him strange looks at the bird he carried on his shoulder.

‘I’ll fly off.’ Aviemon suggested.

‘They’ll still come after me, we stand a better chance together.’ Luke said seeing the crowds part for the soldiers.

‘Hey you, stop!’ A guy shouted at Luke and grabbed at him, he was obviously a good Samaritan who noticed the soldiers chasing him.

Luke had to swerve and went running over the street again in front of the honking cars. As soon as he came around the next bend he noticed a jeep with a few soldiers in standing in traffic and on spotting him the soldiers jumped out after him. Luke was forced to continue to run up the busy street.

‘We’ll never get away from them this way.’ Aviemon said.

‘I know.’

‘Then what do we do?’

‘Taxi!’ Luke threw up his hand and signalled to a cab that had just stopped a few meters before. He said sorry to a woman who was there before him and shoved past her slamming the door.

‘You got any money boy?’ The driver asked.

‘Yeah.’ Luke said fishing inside his pockets for the money his dad had left him to order pizza.

Aviemon looked back and except for the angry woman swinging her purse dangerously he saw the soldiers now very near.

‘There’s always something weird going on in this city these days,’ the cab driver said relaxed, ‘I can’t even get my telephone working. And now all these soldiers blocking the way to the base, what’s going on?’

‘Here!’ Luke said finally getting the money out and showing it to the driver.

‘Good enough for me.’

The driver started off into the traffic not noticing the soldiers grabbing at his car and turning around to get their own vehicles.

‘Nice bird you got there, where did you get it?’ The driver asked.

‘Flee market.’ Luke said out of the top of his head still looking back to see if they were being followed.

‘Really? My daughter said she wants a pet but she was talking about getting a puppy. Do you think I should go to a flee market to get her a nice one, it seems a bit of an odd place to get a proper pet.’

‘Left here.’ Luke said.

‘Got yeh, where is it we’re going exactly?’

‘West High Town.’

‘Got yeh, I know the place, it might take a little while with all this traffic though. Oh crap, another blockade.’

Both Aviemon and Luke who had been looking back jerked their heads forward to find the road blocked by a few military cars. Troops were coming along the cars peeking into every one and pay special attention to the cabs. It was too late to get out, the soldiers were almost at them.

When they saw the bird and his boy they pressed a gun into the window that the cab driver had opened friendlily. The driver lifted his hands in surprised.

Luke slammed the locks.

‘Get out boy.’ One of the soldier said. ‘We don’t want any trouble.’

Luke knew it was hopeless but he wasn’t going to give up and Aviemon neither, they remained as they were.

‘You forced my hand boy.’ The soldier said drawing back his gun to smash the window.

Suddenly the gun was hit by something bright. It sprang from the soldier’s hand and broke into many pieces. Another bright missile shot another gun from a soldier’s hand. Luke unlocked the door and kicked it open as a third missile came down. All the soldiers had turned to look for the source of the attack and a few now got knocked over by Luke’s escape.

‘It’s Elfmon and Abby!’ Aveimon cried seeing Elfmon crouching on top of a bus fitting her arrows quickly Abby was below watching the whole thing and signalling to them to run to her.

The soldiers turned and shouted as they started running after Luke and towards the new Digimon.

‘Don’t shoot! Don’t shoot!’ One of them was shouting.

The train station was just a block from here, Luke thought as he ran past the street he had come up with and more soldiers pored in after him. He was glad he was in the athletics team or he might not have been able to keep up this pace.

A door opened before him. Aviemon sprang into the air and Luke jumped onto the car running over the roof. He fell back onto the ground between the cars a Starlight Arrow flashing past him and Aviemon flying with him.

‘What’d you get yourself into!’ Abby cried as he came running to her.

Luke would have answered but he thought the word too improper.

Elfmon jumped off the other side of the bus with Aviemon swooping over her and as the kids came running around.

‘What now I wonder?’ Elfmon asked with concern.

‘To the train station,’ Luke said checking his watch as he ran, ‘we have half a minute before the train leaves.’

Elfmon jumped onto another car and turning and crouching she waited with an arrow fitted. The others went on without her. A man climbed out of the car behind her and looked at her with wide popping eyes. As soon as the soldiers came around the bus she let the arrow go. It hit a fire hydrant and they were shot off their feet by a powerful burst of water. She turned and jumping from car to car reaching the kids quickly.

Now it was Aviemon’s turn. He saw a truck full of soldiers coming down an open lain and swooped towards it.

‘Razor Wing!’

The two turning bright energy blades shot from his wings. They swooped through the wheels of the truck and it came to a sudden stop with four shredded tires and sparks flying.

The kids ran up the stairs with only five seconds to spare. Aviemon flew into the train and the other three ran in as the doors closed. A moment later several soldiers came to a stop before them and fell away as the train started to move and left them behind.

Abby wiped the sweat from her forehead with a sigh of relief and then noticed everyone inside the train looking at them with all the same expression.

‘Hmm,’ Luke said, ‘it was a bad dress up party.’ 

Nothing much as far as I know. D:
Chat
Forums
Guestbook
Online Digimon Game
Oekaki Board
Old Oekaki [archive]
Digimon Nursery
Bandai Teleconference Report
Digimania Test
PW Survey
Imp It Up!
TV Guide
Time Out!
Tagboarders
The Anime Express
Tales from a Trailmon
End of the Line
Save the World
Digidollar Network
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Resource Listings
Tutorials
Free Buttons
The Digi-Zone
Apply

Digital Starlight
The Shining Evolution
Digientity
Apply
RyuX Network
Google
Web digivice.net
sign up


sign up




Affiliates
Digidollar Network
TDZ Network
Digimon Community
digital connection ntwrk
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Click Here to Visit!
Click Here to Visit!
JK Top 50
Renamon.nl Topsite
Patamon's World is proudly hentai-free!
get patches
FastCounter